Saturday, July 21, 2012

On the Ferry to Vancouver for Eli's birthday weekend


I love the ferry in the summer time. Ok I hate the fact that we have to pay extortionate amounts of money to BC Ferries to get on and off our beautiful Island but somehow in the summer, when we can go on the outside upper decks (without freezing anyway!)  I can almost forgive them. The boat is filled with tourists who are all excited to be going on their trips to the Island and they stand marvelling at the view (and hoping for a glimpse of a whale) and I look around me and see it through the eyes of someone who is perhaps seeing BC or Canada for the first time and I feel extremely blessed to be able to see that view every day and to be able to play at the beautiful Pacific Ocean beaches whenever we like.

And I may just shed a little tear or two that very soon we won't be quite so close....



Look at how long Eli's hair is blowing in the wind!


The two of them were dancing and singing "let me entertain you" - the song of the month.


 Eli took the picture below. He took it through the window and zoomed in. I guess the window was dirty or something but anyhow it ended up looking like an oil painting. I love it!