Thursday, January 20, 2011

Their first 'real' fight over a toy

happened on Monday this week (January 17th)

Is it weird that I want to remember the first time they properly fought over playing with the same toy? I'm sure in a year or two when it's a daily occurrence and I am constantly breaking up fights I will wonder why I wanted to record this day but right now it's something I want to remember!

It was Eli's steering wheel that he has in the car. They both wanted to play with it. Usually Imogen can be placated with any other random toy that happens to be near but not this time. This time she wanted the steering wheel and nothing else! And wow did she scream to let me know. And Eli screamed back, louder. She hit him and he hit her back (actually to be fair he only hit her carseat. He's pretty good at not hurting her even when he is totally mad and 'in the moment'... you can see him literally with his hands in the air and you can totally read his face thinking "I really want to smack her one - but I know I shouldn't  -so I'll just hit her carseat instead  -but that's not really what I want to do - arrhhhhhh" I really need to get it on camera one day as it's quite hilarious) Anyway, they had to take 2 minute turns each. It wasn't popular.