Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pancakes and Parks!

We had beautiful sunshine again today and no school for Eli this morning so we headed to the harbour front. Eli and I used to spend so much time there before we had Imogen and we really haven't in the last few years. I'm not sure why but probably as it was a bit difficult with the stroller. Now she's old enough to let loose without her stroller and (for the most part) listens to me when I say no or call her away from something (or don't knock the Inukshuks over...remember that one dad!) so today we spent a few hours down there watching the planes, walking down on the docks and looking at the fishing boats, playing in the park and running up and down the hills. Finishing with a performance by the two of them in the bandstand which I forgot to get pictures of! I will really miss it when we move. It's one of the places I love most in Nanaimo. The little boat over to Newcastle Island starts running again in April and Eli was hoping today that we will still be here (guaranteed we will!) so that we can have a trip over there. I hope so too!

Anyway here are some photos including our pancake breakfast! I can NEVER make pancakes well (which is why we have a waffle maker instead) and was so excited that every single one turned out that I had to take a photo!!

Pancakes (Canadian style) for breakfast. 2 days late for pancake Tuesday but at least it was the right week! 



Eli Flying!


Watching planes take off. 


Look at Imogens face! I think she was in shock that she was winning a race between her and Eli lol. 

Climbing hills!